Sunday, August 31, 2014

It's Now or Never...


For the past few years, I have been wanting to run the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon.  I figured it would be the perfect half marathon for a first timer.  Things always came up, which prevented me from participating in it.  So this year, I was determined to register.

On July 15th, at noon, the registration opened.  I logged on to register and then I saw the price... um... let me think about it.   I logged on two hours later and the race was 85% full... YES, TWO HOURS LATER.  So I called my husband to see what I should do (We had JUST started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and it was NOT in the budget!!).

"How much is it?" He asked.

"Um... a hundred and something," I answered.  Silence... "I'll put it back when my commission check comes," I said before he could think too long about it. "Plus, it's already 85% full and registration just opened two hours ago.  If I wait too long, it will be sold out... It's now or never."

"Go for it!" He said... And that's what I did.

I decided to document my experience - from start to finish.  So this is my journey.


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to cheer you on all the way through! ! - Julie :)

    ReplyDelete